In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Book Review: Cress by Marissa Meyer

Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3)
by Marissa Meyer
Release Date: February 4th, 2014
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Hardcover, 550 pages
Content: PG-13/YA
Get a Copy:
      B&N 
      Amazon 

Goodreads Summary: Rapunzel’s tower is a satellite. She can’t let down her hair—or her guard.

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.

http://us.macmillan.com/cress/Marissa...


Cindy's Review:
At a Glance/The Cover:
Oh my feels! I've been waiting forever, like literally forever, for this book. OMG. Almost there. 3/4 done with the series! One more to go! I love Marissa Meyer's awesome writing. Her characters are so alive. And RAPUNZEL time! All her book have such beautiful covers. And I really love Marissa's generous sneak peeks. If only all authors were like her. 

The Characters/My Opinions:
Cinder Linh - Of course, Cinder gets a point of view. Even though this book is all about Cress, I still, for some reason, consider Cinder as the real main character. Because she started it all. Because she's the princess. Because she gets the prince. Maybe. 

Scarlet - Scarlet somewhat gets a point of view. It faded off in the end, or maybe I wasn't paying attention. Scarlet gets abducted by the evil queen's worker person, Sybil in this book. So she doesn't really have much of a big part. There isn't any deep scenes about Wolf and her. 
  
Wolf - Wolf is there throughout the whole book. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a point of view. I don't exactly remember. Ugh. I'm such a bad reader. But I remember the events of the book and everything, so don't worry, I'm not making stuff up. Haha. Wolf gets kind of crazy in this book, considering he just lost the love of his life.

Captain Thorne - I'm pretty sure Thorne had a point of view. Whoever is a Cinder and Thorne shipper .....cough cough, LIANA.....will be disappointed in this book. It's kind of obvious that Throne ends up with Cress. Like duhhh obvious. Cress is already 'love at first sight' with Thorne. And Thorne. Oh Thorne starts to fall slowly in love with her. Btw, this is not a spoiler. If it comes up in the like first five chapters of a book, I don't think this is spoiler. Right?

Cress - Here comes our main character, Crescent Moon. Such hippie name but it's cute and all. :) She's okay. I'm not super in love with her. She's a genius hacker. Fairly useful. But I still like Cinder more. Cuz her name is so close to mine. And she has such high authority. 

Besides everything I told you, there are yet some more twists in this story. Only like one more I can think of. They finally got to there destination. LIKE FINALLY. I waiting from all the way to the first book for this 'moment'. And I'm not saying anymore. The whole series is like chasing things and being chased. I hope, there's even some more action in the last book, because it's the last book and all. 

Winter comes up in this book. As Princess Winter. Step-daughter of Queen Levina is that her name? She's apparently crazy. But she's helping Cress. So we know she's good. And there is a guard called Torin who works for her. So maybe she can help Cinder. I wonder what Winter is....Sleeping Beauty?

Overall Thoughts:
I'll continue to enjoy this series. I'm not exceptionally in love with it, but I'm still in love with it. If that even makes any sense at all. Winter is expected to come out in February, 2015. Omg. Winter is Snow White. DUHH. DUHH. The evil queen step-mother. I forgot all about her! And Snow White is born a princess. So I guess it makes sense. Does that mean Winter is actually related to Cinder? Or is she just a princess because her step-mother happens to be the queen? Hmmm.

All these books are fairly similar to the fairy tales. I like that. It's adds a smart sci-fi twist. Yee. All those romance in the air! Does Snow White end up with someone? I forgot. I'm pretty sure she does. Prince Charming? I think. But Prince Charming appeared in like Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and everything else that involves a prince. I'm so misguided. I need to search all these things up. LOL. 

The Rating (1-10): 9.5~

Happy Reading~

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this one. Glad you liked it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the other books in the series so I probably should read them first.
    I liked your review :)
    Ruty@Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!