In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Monday, February 4, 2013

Book Review: Beyond by Willow Rose

Beyond (Afterlife,#1)Beyond (Afterlife #1) 
by Willow Rose
Release Date: September 9th, 2011
Publisher: DMC
Format: ebook, 267 pages
Source: Amazon/Barnes and Nobles
Get a Copy:
      Barnes and Nobles
      Amazon:

Goodreads Summary: Meghan is 16 when she dies. 

She wakes up on a flying steamboat on her way to a school run by Angels in a white marble castle. On the boat she meets Mick who has been dead for more than a hundred years but still looks like a teenager. He helps her past the difficult beginning at the new school in a new world. One day some of Meghan's roommates find a mirror in the cellar of the school and they persuade her to go through it with them - well knowing it is strictly against the rules of the school. Meghan ends up back on earth where she meets Jason. But Jason is in danger and Meghan know something important. Something that is a matter of life and death. Soon she is forced to choose between the two worlds. The one she belongs to now and the one she left.

Beyond is the first novel in Willow Rose's Afterlife series. 

Cindy's Review: Sorry guys for not posting for one whole week. I've like so freakin busy with school and such. I had that major gameboard book report last week to to finish, in which I did it all Sunday. And I just don't have time to do reviews considering I have to do Eureka, orchestra, Falcon Work, Drama Work Day,  etc. And that's not even counting homework. And yesterday was the streetfest, so I was gone the whole day also. At least I'm back guys!! ;) And hope you enjoyed Liana's mini post there. ;) Alright, back to review mode. ;))

The Cover:
Well, can't say I gave any thought to the cover. To me, the cover portrayed a boring mermaid book. LOL. And the stories actually the opposite of the cover.
The Characters/Plot:
Okay. I read this book so so so so so long ago that I forgot all the characters. I just remeber the main ones. Like Meghan. That's a cool way to spell her name there. And speaking about names, I think the author's name is really pretty. 

Meghan - So  Meghan woke up being in a boat heading towards the Academy of Spirits. She does not know the reason she died or who she really is. She just knows that her name is Meghan and she is dead. Oh, and also that she can talk to other spirits on the boat. And some of them are mean. 

Jason - Jason is a random kid the mirror (the only exit known to Meghan from the academy {they are not allowed to leave the academy at all} ) led to. It turns out he was next on the to die list. And considering that Meghan fell in love with him, she tries her best to keep him alive.

WEE. I suck at explaining and summarizing so here we go. Just read the Goodreads Summary. Omg. LOL.

The Extras:
Waaa! Lovely book. Instantly caught my attention from the beginning till end. Such a fabulous book. <333 And ya know the romance. Mhhmmm.... ;) And the spirits aren't scary at all.

The fact that spirits can fly reminded me of Harry Potter for some reason. LOL. I'm just so weird. 

Oh. And that love-triangle. Like seriously, Meghan and Jason forever. But the end though, and Jason became........ugh. Why? Meghan should just have let Jason die and then he can be with her forever and ever.

And speaking of Jason's name reminds of Rick Riordan's the Heroes of Olympus series, book 1, The Lost Hero's main character, Jason Grace. The fact that Jason Grace can fly and that spirits can fly in this book makes me compare them even more. 

Anyways, I dunno what I mean. LOL. I'm talking in a mumbo-jumbo mess, huh? Well, that's just me. Omg. You should see me when I text people. Ugh. They end up saying "HUH?!?" 

Okay. I'm done with this nice, long chat....bubaii!!

Rate: (1-10): 8.8 

Happy Reading~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!