In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Monday, December 24, 2012

Book Review: Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)Hush Hush (Hush Hush #1)
by Becca Fitzpatrick
Release Date: October 19th, 2009
Publisher: Simon & Schuster BFYR
Format: Paperback, 391 pages
Source: John Muir Middle School Library
ISBN: 978-1-4169-8942-4
Get a Copy:
      Barnes and Nobles
      Amazon

Goodreads Summary: 

A SACRED OATH
A FALLEN ANGEL
A FORBIDDEN LOVE


Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.

A SACRED OATH
A FALLEN ANGEL
A FORBIDDEN LOVE


Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.

Cindy's Review: I guess I was kind of recommended to read this book. I was recommended by this person I know from school, she's not a book person, but she seems so obsessed with it, I might as well give it a try. And  I really like the author's laslt name, Fitzpatrick. LOL.

The Cover: 
Every time I look at the cover, I remember that my friend had met the author and the guy on the cover. Apparently, he's okay looking and that cute. No problem with me. LOL. I'm not super obsessed with this book.

The Characters:
First, I'll introduce the main character, Nora. Nora is a star student, good girl, with a best friend. Her mom is often of town, working while she stays at home alone. Totally a bad idea. Thou shall never leave a teenage kid at home alone. But I can't say anything, because I'm a teenage kid, whose often alone on the weekends. Also, these whole two weeks because of Christmas Break. Okay. Back on track. Nora was teamed up with Patch, the new transfer guy, for biology and have to deal with his mysterious smiles and attitude.

Patch is really a fallen angel. He decided he fell in love with a human and decided to descend from heaven to become a human. But when he descended, he later got caught by the archangels and got his wings chopped off. Then, he became a fallen angel. 

The Plot:
Fallen angels have the desire to control a human body. To go into their body and take control. But they could only do it for one month each year. A Nephilim named Chauncey was unlucky enough to be Patch's human body during the month. 

Nora is in danger. Someone is trying to kill her. Not once, but multiple times. The only problem? The person who is supposed to be killing her is the one she's falling in love with. And there's more. When her supposed killer starts liking her, Nora finds more killers on her track.

Book Comparison:
I don't really have a specific book in mind. I have a subject in mind. Angels. All books about angels and romance. I can even name some. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand s a particular one I reviewed. But there are a whole lot others (I don't remember the titles.)

Book Ending: 
The ending is quite interesting. Final line: You can never get rid of Patch. I can't wait to read Cresendo. Even though I'm not crazy about this series, I don't reading the sequel. ;)

The Bad: 
This doesn't really belong in the bad list, but sometimes, even though every book is unique, there are just too much repeptitives of angel novels. I'm kind of tired of angel books. All of them have romance. And it's always either a fallen angel or a Nephilim. Either way, I'm not exactly gonna put an angel book as my number one to-be-read book, but it'll still be in my list. You get me? Maybe not. I'm kinda lousy at explaining stuff.

The Good:
Ya know, the uniqueness. No two books are alike, but at least Hush Hush isn't too much alike as the other angel books.

The Rating: (1-10): 7.9
Not a bad book. Good writing and everything. But like I said, I'm tired of angel books. 

Happy Reading and Merry Christmas! Or Happy Holidays (for those who doesn't celebrate Christmas)

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too! :)
    I have read the book and thought it was bad. I know! I just didn't like the characters. Especially how he treated Nora. :(
    I do love the cover. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!