In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Inevitable - Chapter One

"Wait! Don't leave yet!" he says.

How did he know I was going to leave? I turned around to face the boy I've seen so much the past two months. I gulped, hard. I know I have to leave him behind.


"Why won't you take me with you? I know I'll be helpful! We can start a life together!"


It's now or never, my brain thought. Am I really supposed to put my love life before my family? "I'm sorry, Bran." I whispered through my hair. Then I turned and ran.



"Elle!"


I heard my name being screamed into the air. Oh, no! I widened my eyes. It has to be Rae. I turned my head to look for Rae, but the next thing I knew, I was facing the dirt road.


"Are you alright?" the sweet, little innocent voice of my younger sister asks, reminding me of all the times I spent with her in our small little village, Feyton.


Tears whelmed into my eyes.


"Are you seriously crying like a little girl, Elle? Even I don't do that anymore! Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Oh, Arabelle." Rae says, shaking her head with a sigh.


Rae's acting brings smiles to my lips, but reality instantly goes through my mind again.


"Listen, Rae. Tell mom I'm going somewhere and it's going to be a while before I go back home."


"Where are you going? I want to go too!"


A solemn smile flashes across my lips. "Rae, just do what I say okay? And tell mom I'll send letters explaining."


"But-"


"It's getting dark, Reina. Go home before mom worries."


Before Rae could say anything, I stood up, leaving my sister on the road and sprinted towards the gate that leads to the main road. I've got minutes before the gate closes for the night.


Quickly, I checked my pockets for all the belongings I'm bringing along. The stack of cash?


Yep. It will last at least a month in the city, enough time for me to find a job. That is, if I don't get robbed along the road.


Dad's watch?


Yep. Mom's going to hate me for it, but I need a reminder of home and especially Dad.


And lastly, my heart. I knew I couldn't focus with my heart still half at home With a firm nod, I sprinted to the gate and slipped out towards the dark road of my new life.



~ So that's it for now!

~ Cindy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!