In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Cindy's Book Review: Divergent by Veronica Roth

Divergent by Veronica Roth.
Book Summary: In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.

Cindy's Summary: I'm like totally speechless. As you know, I kinda got lazy doing this book review even though the book is so good. I like already posted stuff about it, so really, I think I drained out all my excitement. Not that it's bad, I did say I was speechless.....it's really fantastic. Veronica Roth is a an awesome writer...I'm trying not to use 'good' too much and plus 'good' is not specific. These kind of books are the reason why I love romance and dystopian books so much. But seriously, I hate going down Goodreads and see being saying mean things to it. The bad advantage of being a writer. So anyways, I probably won't end up saying the summary as much because Liana mostly explained everything, so I'm probably just saying mostly opinionated stuff. 
Let's get started and see how much I could say about the summary. So first off, there is five factions: Candor, the honesty; Abnegation, the selfless; Erudite, the intelligent; Dauntless, the brave; and Amity, the peaceful. What happens if you don't get into either of these things or you get kicked out? Well, you're factionless. But what if your aptitude test shows that you qualify for two or more factions? You are a Divergent. Divergents are rare, but powerful. They can manipulate and control situations, but they are also dangerous and their future holds death....not peaceful, old-age death either. So Beatrice aka Tris finds out she's a Divergent and she qualifies for Abnegation, Erudite, and Dauntless. Beatrice immediately crosses out Erudite, and she goes to Dauntless. She changed her name to Tris and the important part for me is that she meets Four, the number one Dauntless there is.  Divergent doesn't really show that much about society being broken apart and bad, that's more Insurgent. I think the summary for the book qualifies for the whole trilogy. Anyways, the important part is they fall in love!!!!

Rate: (1-10): 10!

So yep.......this book is kind of similar to Delirium by Lauren Oliver, Matched by Ally Condie, The Maze Runner by James Dashner, and Legend by Marie Lu. The characters are all special and the setting takes place in the future and there are either Invalids, Factionless, Aborgation or something, and  Criminals and such. So yep.

Since I read this as an ebook, I can't really use post its and I use the computer outside in my living room to read it, so I don't have access of the book so, I won't do quotes.

I will do the book review for Insurgent (Divergent#2), but it probably won't be today. Maybe I can do it tomorrow at Liana's house. Or Tuesday. 

So it's reminds me, Liana and I are meeting up tomorrow!!! Whoop!

Happy Reading, 
Cindy Mai.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!