In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard Book Review

Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard.
Book Review by Cindy;)
Book Summary: IT ALL BEGINS WITH ONE QUESTION:
Are you a Global Vagabond?
Eighteen-year-old Bria Sandoval isn't, but she wants to be. In a quest to assert her independence, recommit herself to her neglected art, and enjoy some no-stings-attached hookups, Bria signs up for a guided tour of Central America--the wrong one. Middle-aged tourists with fanny packs are hardly the key to self-discovery. When Bria meets Rowan, devoted backpacker and diving instructor, and Starling, his outspoken humanitarian sister, she seizes the chance to ditch her group and join them off the beaten path.
Bria's a good girl trying to go bad. Rowan's a bad boy trying to stay good. As they travel across a panorama of Mayan villages, remote Belizean islands, and hostels plagued with jungle beasties, they discover what they have in common: both seek to leave behind the old versions of themselves. And the secret to escaping the past, Rowan has found, is to keep moving forward.
But Bria comes to realize she cant' run forever, no matter what Rowan says. If she wants to fall for someone worthwhile, she has to start looking back.

Cindy's Summary: This a is a quite romantic love story. I mean, the summary basically told yo what's it's about, but really, you just read it. I mean, how can I summarize when the summary already, basically, did all that for me already? So my only advise is to: read it! So yep. All I will say is that Bria fell for him even when she tries not to.

Rate: (1-10): 8.7
It's really not bad......nice love story :D

This book is pretty good, I mean, there's nothing that inappropriate, really, it's just so sweet and romantic. It will make a good story to read, but it's just not the whole deep forever, happily ever after kind. I mean, it did have a happy ending, but it's more teenager-like, which is actually pretty nice. Nobody ended up dying like Liana's book review. Lol.

Let's see, quotes? I really don't know how Liana finds the time to find quotes or know which quotes to put up, but maybe I should put some up this time.....

" 'Cuanto queso?' I ask the vendor.
  Rowan stares at me, obviously impressed by my Spanish fluency. Except the fruit vendor is staring at me too. 'Oh,' Rowan says, starting to grin. 'You mean 'Cuanto cuesta?' '
   'That's what I -- ' I pause, Oh no. Oh God. I totally asked, How much cheese? "
Seriously though, I just thought this was pretty funny, although Bria sounds so sttuck up, she's not stuck up at all.....lol

"He wiggles his fingers in my face. I grab his hands to make him quit."
This is like where I knew there would be romance in it, then I looked back at the from cover and realized the title was WanderLOVE. How stupid of me....

" 'Don't worry,' Rowan says. 'I've got an emergency plan. If the hammock breaks, I'll just roll on top of you, so you can break my fall.' "
Really, that boy have some humor....guess you wouldn't wanna be his girlfriend...JK....;-)

"Maybe I can't control what Rowan thinks of me, but I've got to control how I think of Rowan. He's off-limits. Might as well be straitjacketed in barbed wire. And Starling made it clear he could never be interested in me, even if I let  myself be interested in him."
See, she fell for him...

"I stepped forward. Opened my mouth"    Don't think wrong, cuz....
"And before I could speak, he dumped me."
What a loser boyfriend....nope..that's not Rowan, that was Bria's ex, Bria's past she wants to forget.

"Maybe Rowan's a bad boy.
 But he was a fun one."
Actually, Rowan was a really bad boy....and Bria ended up getting mad at Rowan for not telling her who he used to be or was.


"I try to stalk away, but Rowan catches my daypack and swings me back around. It might be cute if I didn't feel like slapping him with a stingray."
Har...I like her second thoughts and humor. And whatever daypack is. Apparently, it's not in the computer dictionary.

" 'But Rowan's so hot,' Ariel says, too close to my ear. 'You sure you're not sleeping together?' "
Wait. I don't remember reading this...maybe I went too fast. And really, in the picture/description of this book, Rowan does not seem hot to me at all. Maybe it's because he's got a ponytail, but his personality's really cool though.

"I try not to scowl, despising the way I feel. I know I don't have any right to Rowan. But even though I suspect Ariel isn't his type any more than I am, her comments make my skin itch."
She's getting possessive over him even if she tries not to....ha

Okay. There's like more quotes. But maybe I'll just leave it up to you to read it yourself. Oh. And there are series of pictures, the ones Bria had drew, so I can't exactly draw those for you.

Baii ~ Cindy Mai ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!