In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Delirium by Lauren Oliver Book Review

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Book Description: (I currently don't have the book right now so I got it off of this website:http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7686667-delirium)
      Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.
       But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.

Cindy's Description: So what can I say? Delirium takes place in the future where love is considered a disease called "amor deliria nervosa". Therefore, at the age of 18, boys and girls have evaluations to get the cure from scientists at the science lab. During her evaluation, 17-year-old Lena Holoway had really wanted to get thee cure and be "safe" and "happy" in the future, not like her mom, who went crazy with love and apparently, suicides. But that was all before she met Alex, whom she caught the "deliria" from. As she talks more and more with Alex, she realized Alex isn't the safely cured, 18-year-old boy, but actually from the Wilds. Wilds is the place United States is safely bordered off from and where the Invaleds live. Invalids are people who defied the cure and ran away from the government. Then and there, Lena also learned that the government lies, the cure is far from making people "safe" and happy". Two weeks before Lena is due to get her cure, she got caught with Alex by the regulators. Luckily Alex ran away, but Lena was strapped down to her bed. Less then a day before Lena's cure, Alex goes to her and asks her to run away with him to the Wilds. She agrees. Now you need to read the book to find out what happened in the end.

Rate: (1-10): 8.5

So Delirium is part of a trilogy and Pandemonium is its sequel. I'll do a book review on Pandemonium too. The third book, Requiem, doesn't come out till February, 2013. This series is like really good, so I can't wait to find out the ending in Requiem. Yep, this is an obvious romance book. I like romance books, but not too mushy mushy. Dramas too. I like books and dramas where they're in love and can't be together. And they're crazy in love, but not soo over-board crazy like that Korean drama, "Secret Garden", they were so in love, it was disgusting. I like that Korean drama called "City Hunter" where the guy is like the anonymous Robin Hood, who kidnaps the evil government officials and turn them in. Except the girl is the government's bodyguard, so they actually go against each other, but outside of work, they're like in love. Okay, I shall quit talking about dramas before Liana blows her head off. LOL.

Anyways, I got this book recommendation from my friend called Emily Lo so thanks to her. And I dont' have quotes from the book like Liana, since I don't have the book. Oh and this book actually have a couple of sex scenes, so it's like PG-13 unless you're an advanced reader, like me and Liana, and don't really care. Liana's like 14, okay, I think she's 13 since her birthday's in September, but she's going to 9th grade and I just turned 13. I wasn't sure if I was 13 when I read it though. LOL. I'm pretty sure I was. 

Since this is a blog about books, I can say all my book recommendations, right? Okay, I'll probably do the recommendations before I write about Pandemonium.

Anyways, baii!!
- Cindy




2 comments:

  1. OH WHAT. What sex scenes? I don't remember that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, you know. When she and Alex......

      Delete

Comments make me happy!